Upper Mustang Trek
- Cost Info
Destination: Upper Mustang Trekking
Activities: Trekking + Tour
Duration: 15 days
Mode of Trip: Lodge Trekking
Maximum Altitude: 4260 meters
Transportation: Private Tourist Vehicle + Plane
Accommodation: Hotel + Guest House
Group Size: Min 1 - Max 12
Best Season: March - Nov
Mustang is known as the forbidden kingdom in Nepal. It is one of the fascinating trekking and hiking destinations in Nepal. Mustang is completely different than any other destinations in Nepal. Mustang region has many settlement villages and the houses are made in Tibetan style with flat roofed stone houses.
Upper mustang trek offers to experience the real Tibetan life, explore ancient Buddhist monasteries; isolated villages, unique culture, mysterious landscapes and snow capped high peaks all around. The trek leads to Lo Manthang, the capital of Mustang, situated in a dramatic and spectacular landscape.
Trekking to upper mustang is a wonderful journey passing through beautiful villages like jomsom, kagbeni, chhusang, geling ghami etc and climbing the high hills to the Lo Manthang where you will spend few nights to explore the kingdom and its features.
Upper Mustang is listed under top 10 trekking route by lonely planet. Upper mustang is also known among trekkers as wilderness destination.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley and making a special permit
Day 03: Drive to Pokhara.
Day 04:Pokhara to Jomsom and trek to Kagbeni (2800 M)
Day 05:Kagbeni to Chele (3060 M)
Day 06:Chele to Synbochen (3500m)
Day 07:Shyangmochen to Charang(3620m )
Day 08:Charang to Lo-Manthang (3890m)
Day 10:Lo- Manthang to Ghami (3490m) via Lo-Gekar
Day 11:Ghami to Geling (3510m) Same way back to Geling village, it is situated nearby Jaite.
Day 12:Geling to Chhusang village.
Day 13:Chhusang to Jomsom.
Day 14:Fly Jomsom to Pokhara and drive to Kathmandu
Day 15:International departure
The following services are included in the price:
- All grounded transportation as per program.
- One expert tour guide for Kathmandu valley sightseeing inclusive entrance fees
- Three nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu inclusive breakfast
- Two nights’ accommodation in Pokhara inclusive breakfast
- Pokhara/Jomsom/Pokhara flight tickets with domestic airport taxes
- A highly experienced well trained government licensed holder trekking guide and 1 porter (1 porter for 2 people) and their meals, accommodations, salary, insurances and equipments
- Your three meals (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) and twin sharing accommodation during the trekking
- Special trekking permit for Upper Mustang
- Annapurna Conservation Area permit
- Local Fresh Fruits
- First Aid Kit
- All necessary Government taxes
The following services are not included in the price:
- Lunck and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- International flight ticket to/from Kathmandu
- Your travel insurance
- Nepal entry visa fee, which can be easily obtain at Tribhuwan International Airport upon your arrival (USD 40.00 per person for 30 days, require two copies passport size photos)
- Your personal first aid kit, equipments
- Expenses for your personal nature, donation to monasteries and school
- All kind of drinks (Tea/Coffee/Coke/Fanta/Mineral Water and alcoholic beverage) during the trekking
- Tips to trekking staffs (Tipping is not mandatory but expected)
Scenic drive to Pokhara, Awesome mountain flight to/from Jomsom, Kali Gandaki Valley, Nice settlement villages and livelihood of Mustang people, Centuries old Tibetan monasteries, Royal palace of Upper mustang, Lo-Manthang, Horse riding to explore places around Lo-Manthang