Tsum Valley Trekking
- Cost Info
Trekking: Tsum Valley
Trip length: 21 days
Trek Type: Tented Camp
Maximum Elevation: 4060m
Best Time: Mar-May and Sep-Dec
Tsum Valley trekking is situated in the northern part of Gorkha district of Nepal. This wonderful hidden valley is located in between Bauddha Himal to west, Ganesh Himal to the south and Sringi Himal to the north as well as Mt. Manaslu (8163m), 8th highest peak in the world. Tsum valley is the magic hidden valley which is full of untouched forest with speechless beauties of nature, called as “Gardens of Eden” in Nepal. It is sacred Himalayan pilgrimage place and both Milarepa and Guru Rinpoche are said to have visited the valley.
Tsum valley trekking starts from Arughat of Dhading District and climbs through the Philim village that heads up over a ridge leads to Ganesh Himal Base Camp and the Tsum Valley, which only opened to trekkers in 2008. The people of Tsum valley are called Tsumbas and they are migrated from Tibet long ago; much of their trade is with the Kyirong region of Tibet, which lies across two passes at the head of the Shar Khola Valley.
Day 01: Arrive in Tribhuwan International Airport at Kathmandu, warm welcomed by our representative and Transfer to Hotel. Overnight at Hotel
Day 02: Preparing day for trekking and permit.
Day 03: Drive to Arughat Bazaar (610m) from Kathmandu. 8 Hours. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 04: Trek to Soti Khola (700m). 7 hours. Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 05: Trek to Machha Khola (870m). 6-7 Hours. Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 06: Trek to Doban (1070m). 6 Hours. Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 07: Trek to Philim (1570m). 7 Hours. Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 08: Trek to Chumling (Lower Tsum - 2385m). 7 Hours. Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 09: Trek to Chhakangparo (Upper Tsum valley - 3035m). 6 hours. Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 10: Trek to Nile/Chhule (3361m). 6-7 Hours. Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 11: Trek to Mu Gompa (3700m). 4 hours. Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 12: Extra day for exploring around Mu Gumba. 4 hours hike. Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 13: Trek to Rachen Gompa (3240m). 6 hours. Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 14: Trek to Dumje (2460m). 5 hours. Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 15: Trek to Philim (1570m). 6 hours. Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 16: Trek to Tatopani (Hot spring) (990m). 5 hours. Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 17: Trek to Soti Khola (700m). 6 hours. Overnight at Tented Camp.
Day 18: Trek to Arughat Bazar (610m). 6-7 hours. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 19: Drive back to Kathmandu from Arughat Bazaar. 8 hours. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 20: Leisure day at Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 21: Transfer to International Airport for departure.
- Tourist standard accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast as per itinerary
- Sightseeing by license holder tour guide including entrance fee
- All Ground transportation including airport pickup and drop-off
- English speaking government license holder Trekking guide
- Necessary Trekking Porter/s (1 porter can carry up to 25kgs of luggage)
- Meals on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee) prepared by our expert cook
- Twin sharing tented accommodation during the trek
- Trekking equipment (two men tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, table with chairs, kitchen utensils, and other necessary equipments during the trek)
- National Park Entry Permit fee
- Trekkers' Information Management system (TIMS) card
- Sleeping bag and down jacket if required
- Safe drinking water, boiled/iodine tablets
- Rescue assistance
- First aid kit
- Food, Insurance and salary for trekking staffs (guide & porter)
- Domestic Flight Ticket
- Airport tax at Kathmandu and domestic airport
Service not includes:
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Personal nature expenses
- All Cold Drinks and alcoholic beverage
- Tips for the staffs (expected but not mandatory)
- Your travel insurance
- Extra accommodation in Kathmandu which is not mentioned in itinerary