Makalu Base Camp Trekking
- Cost Info
Trek destination: Makalu region
Trek duration: 20 days
Trek style: Tea House/camping
Highest access: base camp 5000m
Activities: trekking and seeinghtseeing
Makalu base camp trek is a stunning and adventurous trek in the eastern part of Nepal all the way to the base camp of the world’s 5th highest peak MT Makalu. This is one of the most remote and Unfrequented area of Nepal. This trekking route takes you all the way through beautiful Makalu Barun national park from the lowlands of Tumlintar to the highest access of Makalu base camp. Makalu base camp trek is a classic trek stretched the high plateau of Tibet to the variety of sub-tropical forest carved by the Arun River.
Makalu base camp trek offers the fascinating view of MT Makalu (8481m), MT Chamling (7319m) and MT Baruntse (7129m). Trekking Makalu base camp passes through fascinating mountain panorama view, different high and low lands, cultural villages, variety of colored flora and fauna, lush green forest and untouched virgin wilderness. Following the beautiful Barun River and passing through the lush forest of alpine and rhodendron Makalu base camp trek is an exciting trek all the way to the base of MT Makalu.
Makalu base camp trek is a fascinating trekking destination for the trekkers to explore the virgin wilderness and natural beauty from lowland to the high peaks of Nepal.
Day 01: Welcome to Kathmandu. Upon your arrival we assist you from International Airport and transfer you to Hotel. Rest overnight.
Day 02: Today we provide you a guided tour over Kathmandu city to visit world heritage site and other religious places. Prepare for the trek and rest overnight.
Day 03: Today we fly from Kathmandu to Tumlintar and then walk for 5hours for Manebhanjyang (1160m). Rest overnight.
Day 04: Today we trek for 6hours from Khandbari to Chichira (1920m). Rest overnight.
Day 05: Today we trek for 7hours from Chichira to NUM (1500m). Rest overnight.
Day 06: Today we trek for 6hours from Num to Seduwa (1510m). Rest overnight.
Day 07: Today we trek for 5hours from Seduwa to Tashi Gaun (2060 m). Rest overnight.
Day 08: Today we trek for 7hours from Tashi Gaun to Khongma (3500 m). Rest overnight.
Day 09: Today we trek for 6hours from Khongma Cross Shipton Pass (4800m) and Keke pass (4127m) all the way to Mumbuk. Rest overnight.
Day 10: Today we trek for 4-5hours from Mumbuk all the way to Yangle (3540m) or Nghe Kharka (3750m). Rest overnight.
Day 11: Today we trek for 6hours all the way to Merek (4200m) and then hike up to Makalu base camp. Rest overnight.
Day 12: Today early in the morning we trek for 6hours back to Nghe Kharka. Rest overnight.
Day 13: Today we trek for 6hours from Nghe Kharka all the way to Mumbuk. Rest overnight.
Day 14: Today we trek for 7hours from Mumbuk all the way to Kauma. Rest overnight.
Day 15: Today we trek for 5hours all the way to Tashi Gaun. Rest overnight.
Day 16: Today early in the morning we trek for 6hours all the way back to Num. Rest overnight.
Day 17: Today we trek for 7hours from Num to Chichira. Rest overnight.
Day 18: Today we trek all the way down till Tumlintar. Rest overnight.
Day 19: Early in the morning we Fly back to Kathmandu.
- Tourist standard accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast as per itinerary
- Sightseeing by license holder tour guide including entrance fee
- All Ground transportation including airport pickup and drop-off
- English speaking government license holder Trekking guide
- Necessary Trekking Porter/s (1 porter can carry up to 25kgs of luggage)
- Meals on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee) prepared by our expert cook
- Twin sharing tented accommodation during the trek
- Trekking equipment (two men tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, table with chairs, kitchen utensils, and other necessary equipments during the trek)
- National Park Entry Permit fee
- Trekkers' Information Management system (TIMS) card
- Sleeping bag and down jacket if required
- Safe drinking water, boiled/iodine tablets
- Rescue assistance
- First aid kit
- Food, Insurance and salary for trekking staffs (guide & porter)
- Domestic Flight Ticket
- Airport tax at Kathmandu and domestic airport
Service not includes:
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Personal nature expenses
- All Cold Drinks and alcoholic beverage
- Tips for the staffs (expected but not mandatory)
- Your travel insurance
- Extra accommodation in Kathmandu which is not mentioned in itinerary